Shipping and Returns
Bauwerk Colour sends out ordered goods within 3 working days.
Expect deliveries to take between 5 – 7 working days.
Tracking Your Order
When your online purchase is complete you will receive an email containing your order confirmation and delivery details. We will also provide a link that will allow you to track the status of your delivery at any time.
Lost or Damaged Goods
If your order is lost or damaged in transit, please contact us within 7 working days of placing your order so that we may assist you.
Please contact us for international sales and deliveries with your country and request. We can then provide the best option to ship to your particular country.
Bauwerk Paints are classified as Non Dangerous Goods, they can be safely air shipped anywhere in the world.
Refunds & Returns
Shipping and Return Policy is part of our General Terms and Conditions of Business
We cannot accept returns, as each bucket of paint is made for you and your particular colour selection.
It is very important that you test your colour selection with a sample pot for an accurate colour representation with your particular surface and lighting conditions.
We will replace paint that is found to have been incorrectly tinted. If you are not sure about your colour selection please email us, we respond to all emails within 2 days.
We will replace any product that is proved to be faulty.
Shipping and Return Policy
Shipping and Return Policy is part of our General Terms and Conditions of Business.
§ 2 Delivery
- If the customer is a business (as per § 14 German Civil Code), delivery shall generally take place at the customer’s risk. This also applies for partial deliveries. If the customer is a consumer within the meaning of § 13 German Civil Code, the risk of accidental loss and accidental deterioration of the sold goods shall only pass to the customer upon handover of the item, even in case of sales involving the carriage of goods. Handover shall be deemed to have taken place even if the buyer delays in accepting the goods. Delivery shall be to the delivery address specified by the customer.
- All prices are cash prices and include VAT plus any applicable charges for packaging and carriage.
- UK deliveries costs for any orders other than orders of 2 kg or less are priced at 12% of the non-discounted value of the order. For orders below 2 kg in weight we are changing a flat fee of GBP 12,95. Additional customs duties and charges for deliveries to countries outside the UK (third countries) shall be borne by the customer. We reserve the right to adjust shipping costs without prior announcement.
- Postal deliveries will be by priority mail, Courier services are standard delivery.
- Coronavirus (or similar events) and Brexit related supply chain delays for land, sea and air transportation must be expected to occur from time to time and Bauwerk Colour shall not be liable for any delivery delays that are outside of Bauwerk Colours stated delivery times. Bauwerk Colour shall not be held liable for any consequential losses due to delivery difficulties. We advise our customers to order well in advance and book in tradesmen only when all material is on hand.
- Extra charges may be passed on to the customers for express courier services or certified parcel deliveries if such services are requested by the customer. Unclaimed or otherwise returned orders to us by the courier services may attract an additional service fee if the customer wants to have the order (or part order) resent.
§ 3 Statutory Right of Withdrawal
- Statutory Right of Withdrawal
If the customer is a consumer (as per § 13 of the German Commercial Code), he/she shall be entitled to withdraw from this Contract within fourteen (14) days without giving any reason for doing so. The deadline for withdrawal shall be fourteen (14) days from the date on which the customer or a third party appointed by the customer, who is not the carrier, takes possession of the final goods delivered.
- In order to exercise the statutory right of withdrawal, the customer must notify us (Bauwerk Colour UG (haftungsbeschränkt), Hauptstraße 15, 04874 Belgern-Schildau, Germany, Telephone +49 34224 469626, Email [email protected]) of his/her decision to withdraw from this Contract in a clear declaration (e.g. by sending a letter by mail or email). The customer may use the withdrawal form template attached for this purpose; however, this is not obligatory.
- The withdrawal deadline shall be deemed to be met if the customer sends the communication concerning the exercise of the right of withdrawal before the expiry of the deadline.
- Consequences of Withdrawal
If the customer withdraws from this Contract, we must reimburse any payments we have received from the customer, including delivery costs (excluding any additional costs incurred if the customer has selected a different type of delivery to the cheapest standard delivery option offered by us) without delay, but no later than fourteen (14) days after the day on which we receive the notice of the customer’s withdrawal from this Contract. We will use the same payment method the customer used for the original transaction in order to provide the reimbursement, unless otherwise expressly agreed; under no circumstances will the customer be charged a fee for this refund. We may withhold the reimbursement until we have received the returned goods or until the customer has provided proof that he/she has returned the goods, whichever is earlier.
- The customer must return or hand over the goods to us without delay and no later than fourteen (14) days from the date on which he/she notifies us of withdrawal from this Contract. The deadline is deemed to be met if the customer sends the goods before the expiry of the fourteen-day deadline. The customer shall bear the costs of returning the goods.
- We may withhold the reimbursement until we have received the returned goods or until the customer has provided proof that he/she has returned the goods, whichever is earlier.
- The customer shall only be liable for any diminished value of the goods if this loss in value is attributable to any use or handling of the goods which is not deemed necessary in order to verify the condition, features and functioning of the goods.
- Exclusions from the Statutory Right of Withdrawal
The statutory right of withdrawal shall not apply in the following cases:
- Delivery of goods which are not prefabricated and have been manufactured on the basis of a personal choice or according to customer specifications, or of goods which have clearly been tailored to the customer’s personal requirements.
- Delivery of newspapers, journals or magazines, excluding subscription contracts.
Statuary Right of Withdrawal for consumer (as per § 13 of the German Commercial Code)
Please take into consideration that the Statuary Right of Withdrawal will not apply for goods that have been especially been assembled for you and which cannot be disassembled.
As paint orders of 1 litre or more are especially mixed just for you (we do not hold stock of pre-mixed colours), we wish to advise you that prior to ordering such amounts of paint you can order a range of colour cards and sample pots of 250ml to test the paint for your application.
All undamaged and unopened sample pots of 250ml in size you can send to us back free of charge within the 14 day period mentioned under § 3, section 4.
Sample – Statuary Right of Withdrawal Form (If you wish to return goods under the Statuary Right of Withdrawal)
Bauwerk Colour UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
|Herewith I/we* exercise my/our* Statuary Right of Withdrawal for the contract for the following goods:|
|Order Date* / Date Goods Received*|
|Name of Customer|
|Address of Customer|
|Signature of Customer|
*Please cross out fields not applicable
Warranty and Compensation Policy
Warranty and Compensation is part of our General Terms and Conditions of Business.
§ 4 Warranty and Compensation
- Defects or any other damage caused by negligent or improper use of the goods, improper installation, the use of unsuitable accessories or changes made to the original items bought by the customer are not covered by the warranty.
- Signs of wear and tear from normal use are also excluded from the warranty.
- Colour variations are part of the design features of the paint products and do not constitute a fault.
- If the customer accepts the goods or the object of the order despite being aware of a defect, he/she shall only be entitled to assert warranty claims to the extent described below if he/ she has expressly reserved the right hereto in writing immediately after receiving the goods.
- Warranty claims on the grounds of transportation damage may only be asserted by the customer if the obligation to inspect and report in accordance with § 2 item 4 has been fulfilled. This does not apply if the customer is a consumer.
- Warranty formalities shall otherwise be carried out in congruence with the legal regulations.
- Bauwerk Colour UG shall be liable for damage arising from causes other than the detriment to life, body and health only to the extent that such damage arises from wilful misconduct, gross negligence or the culpable violation of a fundamental contractual obligation on the part of Bauwerk Colour UG or a vicarious agent (e.g. the delivery service) of Bauwerk Colour UG. Any further liability for damages shall be excluded. The provisions of the German Product Liability Act shall remain unaffected. In the event of a negligent breach of a material contractual obligation, the liability of Bauwerk Colour UG shall be limited to replacing the faulty goods.